- why do you want to join this team? this company? (hint: a paycheck is not a good answer)
- what do you bring to our team that we don’t already have?
- tell me about the most difficult project you had to work on and how you prevailed? Or failed and how you would approach it different next time. Either is fine.
- tell me about a time you worked on a project that failed. What did you do? What would you do differently?
- tell me about the best project you worked on. What made it so great?
- tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person. What did you do?
- what would you do if a client keeps asking for more functionality on a project that is already in development?
- how would you estimate the height of a building if you didn’t know the height of the buildings near it?
- why are manhole covers round?
I’d love to hear any great interview questions you use. Please share them with me.